- Differences in Dry Eye Questionnaire Symptoms in Two Different Modalities of Contact Lens Wear
- Effect of Overnight Orthokeratology on Conjunctival Goblet Cells
- Corneal Topography in Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT): A 1-Month Follow-up
- Corneal Reshaping Influences Myopic Prescription Stability (CRIMPS): An Analysis of the Effect of Orthokeratology on Childhood Myopic Refractive Stability
- Increased Prevalence of Myopia in the United States Between 1971-1972 and 1999-2004Myopia Control in Children through Refractive Therapy Gas Permeable Contact Lenses: Is it for Real?
- Ortho-K - Please Patients and Build Your Practice
- OrthoK - Make It A Practice-Builder
- Safety of Overnight Orthokeratology for Myopia
- The Risk of Microbial Keratitis With Overnight Corneal Reshaping Lenses
- Overnight Corneal Reshaping versus Soft Disposable Contact Lenses: Vision-Related Quality-of-Life Differences From a Randomized Clinical Trial
- Changes in Diadenosine Polyphosphates during Alignment-Fit and Orthokeratology Rigid Gas Permeable Lens Wear
- Comfort and VIsion Scores at Insertion and Removal During 1 Month of Wear of Paragon CRTdiv for Corneal Reshaping
Myopia Control Articles
- A Retrospective Look at Children Fit with Orthokeratology Lenses
- Defining a Strategy for Myopia Control
- Increased Prevalence of Myopia In The United States
- Myopia Control in Children Through Refractive Therapy
- Myopia Control: The Time Is Now
- Myopia Control Via Corneal Refractive Therapy
- Myopia Control With Orthokeratology Contact Lenses in Spain
- Review of Treatment of Myopia
Today, in every part of the world, lives are touched by myopia. Please read and consider the importance of the topic of myopia and the current data on controlling progression.
NASA Research Provides Basis For Paragon CRTdiv Contact Lenses
During three Space Shuttle missions from 1993 to 1996, astronauts conducted experiments in the SPACEHAB pressurized research laboratory in the Orbiter's cargo bay. Through this research, they were able to identify ways to form more permeable materials that allow oxygen to reach the cornea, which are ideal for extended-wear contact lenses.
The results allowed Paragon Vision Sciences to develop an improved process that led to HDSdiv (Hyperpurified Delivery System) contact lenses. These gas-permeable rigid lenses don't contain water like soft contacts, are resistant to deposits and less likely to contain bacteria. Since they are rigid, they are easier to handle, retain their shape, and provide better vision. In 2002, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved these lenses for continuous wear of up to seven days.
While the HDSdiv lenses improve vision, the technology was to use these materials to make a contact that could temporarily improve vision after it had been removed from the eye. In other words, it would actually reshape the cornea while the wearer slept.
The Paragon CRTdiv Contact Lenses are the first therapeutic lens design approved by the FDA for overnight use to temporarily reduce nearsightedness. Wearers insert the Paragon CRTdiv Contact Lenses at night, removing them in the morning. The result should be clear, natural vision lasting all day, eliminating the need for daytime contacts or glasses.
This is a non-surgical alternative for those who want to be free of glasses and contacts without undergoing laser-corrective surgery. In studies, 65 percent of the patients using the Paragon CRTdiv Contact Lenses achieved 20/20 vision or better.
More than 10,000 eye care practitioners worldwide are now certified to prescribe the lenses for Orthokeratology, with tens of thousands of consumers now enjoying the benefits of this remarkable technology born in space.
For more information on this research, check out the following divs:
Become a Certified Paragon CRTdiv Contact Lens Professional
Paragon CRTdiv Contact Lenses have the unique opportunity to offer alternatives to traditional eye ware and eye surgery.
Give your patients the opportunity to see better without expensive procedures and constant discomfort.